Register or Reactivate Your Business

If you operate a business in the Northwest Territories and/or Nunavut for more than 10 days within a calendar year, you must register with the WSCC. This applies even if another workers’ compensation body advises they will extend coverage for work performed within the Northwest Territories and/or Nunavut.

Registering and paying assessments to the WSCC protects your company against lawsuits from injured workers. If a worker is injured or contracts an occupational disease while on the job, the WSCC covers the worker’s medical and wage-loss costs.

The WSCC offers an online service for you to register your business. Once you submit your application, you should hear from the WSCC within three business days. You can also review or check the status of your existing registration request.